Everything we do in People First is underpinned by a strong set of principles and values. These inform how we work and everything that we do.
Our principles are:
- People should be able to speak up for themselves and get their views across
- People have a right to be in control of their own lives
- People have a right to have the opportunity to understand and make their own choices that affect their lives
- People should be able to access support when they need to get their point across, solve problems or deal with a difficult situation
- People should be able to access the services they need
- All people should be treated the same
- All people have the same rights and should be treated fairly
- People’s experiences matter and should be listened to and inform decision making.
We believe in:
- The promotion of social inclusion, equality and social justice
- Being proactive at all times – rather than complaining we will aim to sort out difficult situations
- Helping people to have a voice and to be in control of their own lives
- Helping people to make decisions and aiming to ensure that these decisions are respected by others.
Our values are:
- Quality of service